Thursday 19 December 2013

Day 97 - rainy day in Hanmer Springs

Apparently, it's going to be 25° tomorrow (just in time for the Hanmer Christmas parade) but it's only 14° today, and drizzly; not NZ December weather at all (I've asked for my money back!!). Perfect though for staying in and finishing off those Christmas decorations (I'm a dab hand at making paper-chains now) for the last touches to the tree...

A few days back, we passed through a village which was holding a "Who's got the wackiest postbox?" contest...


And the Christmas countdown continues : 

"On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me : 
Seven sheep a-singing,  [only seven?! This is NZ after alll]



Six seagulls squawking, 
Five keas cackling, 
Four possums playing, 
Three cows a-cuddling, 
Two pavs a-cooking and 
A kiwi in a palm tree."

No comments:

Post a Comment