Friday 4 October 2013

Day 21 - (glimpses of) Olympic National Parks - part I

When they want parks inaccessible, they don't mess about.  Heaven forbid you should feel up to an un-warden-ed drive... That didn't stop us getting about and finding some cracking panoramas though such as Crescent Lake from highway 101 (and in the first decent sunshine for a few days - hurrah).


The shutdown is into day 4 and wall-to-wall, though the coverage doesn't look awfully non-partisan.  Thank the Lord we found the World Service on the car radio (though I should confess also my secret addiction to the 80s pop channel!)





Stop press - I was asked today what part of Canada I come from (I tried not to give him too withering a look).  Surely three weeks can't have done that much damage?

No comments:

Post a Comment